We don’t aim to be the biggest commercial property management company in NZ, or even just Auckland. Instead, our goal is to be the best.
One of the ways we do that is by adding value. Whereas ‘robot’ property managers do little more than just collect the rent, we add value. Read on to find out how.
It also means we’re selective about who & what we take on. It needs to be a good fit and because we don’t prostitute ourselves to get your business there must be respect for our professional advice.
And we are completely impartial. We’re not part of a real estate agency or even aligned with one. That means no conflict of interest, no nudging you into things that generate commissions for sales agents, no incentive to churn tenants or encourage you to sell your property.
Just good, honest advice and professional management, always looking at how we can add value to your properties.
Each person on our management team is also a commercial property investor, so we ‘get it’. We understand commercial property management from an owner’s perspective, and we have learned the most effective ways to add value.
What we manage…
From large distribution centres and manufacturing facilities to small industrial units – and everything in between.
Office buildings and office space in CBD, suburban and industrial areas.
Shops, hospitality, accommodation.
Who we serve
- Some of our clients own substantial portfolios. The largest is worth $65 million and the second largest is $43 million.
- Some own a single property worth as little as $350k.
- Most of our clients fall somewhere in between.
- Our tenants (YOUR tenants!) are the industrious, hard-working risk takers who keep our country employed and economy afloat. They need you as much as you need them.
- We therefore serve both, acknowledging, however, that our fiduciary responsibility is to owners.
What we do
- We monitor and collect your rent, manage arrears and provide you with a monthly statement detailing rent received from your tenants and disbursements to your account.
- We monitor and collect monthly opex payments from your tenants according to the opex budget we set annually.
- We hold the tenant’s opex funds in our trust account and take care of the day-to-day operating expenses, pay the bills (e.g. body corporate fees, Council rates, etc), set the annual opex budget and perform an annual wash-up.
Repairs & Maintenance
- Our reliable network of contractors and suppliers ensures repairs and maintenance are actioned promptly and at the best possible price. We supervise all work, and project manage larger works.
- We manage the rent review calendar and negotiate rent reviews on your behalf. Our effective rent review process and market knowledge ensures we maximise your returns and your property’s value.
Lease Negotiations & Lease Renewals
- We negotiate lease renewals and lease terms with existing tenants, and work with real estate agents to negotiate new leases and lease terms with new tenants.
- Our aim is always to maximise your return and your property’s value by influencing the lease. This is a core strength that really sets us apart.
- We brief real estate agents on your behalf to source tenants, and actively participate in the vetting process to ensure the best quality tenant occupies your property.
- We attend and represent you at Body Corporate meetings, advocate on your behalf to ensure no unfavourable outcomes, and report back on any matters that arise.
- We provide a consulting service at no additional cost to help our clients work through potential property acquisitions, including risk mitigation and due diligence pointers.
- Because we are in the market and negotiating deals all the time, this is a particular strength that really sets us apart.
- If you want to take it a step further to minimise risk or take pressure off your valuable time, we offer a fee-based service to…
- advise on deal structures and terms before you sign on the dotted line, and
- undertake due diligence on your behalf.
Get in touch to find out more about our Commercial Property Management services…